b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Stephanie B. Designs: 3x3 Box and Cards

Monday, July 28, 2008

3x3 Box and Cards


I made this box for the 3D060 challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The challenge was to make a 3x3 box using only SU products, but I did use non-SU flowers and brads. I'm such a rebel. You can find an easy pattern for this on Elaine's blog HERE!

I embossed the swirl from the Baroque Motifs set. The more I look at this the more I wonder if I should have embossed on vanilla instead of red, but I suppose it's good to walk on the wild and bold side every now and then! The colors I used are Certainly Celery, Black, and Riding Hood Red - one of the new In Colors that will be available in the new 08-09 SU catalog.  I've made a few of these boxes to have on hand as hostess gifts. Addicting little things, they are! (If you want to see more detail/larger view, just click on the pictures).

The box above is SU only, and I made it for my upline, Beth. I was going for clean and simple, and I love the Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip together. I'm really going to miss this blue when it's retired in a couple of weeks! The box holds matching 3x3 any-occasion cards. Hope she likes it!

9 comments:

CathyRose said...

Your little boxes and cards are just adorable. I am going to have to try some of these!

Anonymous said...

They are awesome and good for you for being a rebel! More creativity :0

Michelle W. said...

These boxes are great! I'm always looking for cute 3d things to make. I love what you did with them. TFS!

Carmen said...

Great job. I do love the color combo blu and brown.

Dragana Skoro said...

I love them! Downloaded the pattern, I will try to make it.

JUST JUDY said...

Adorable and thanks for sharing where to go to learn how to make these!!

Judy

JUST JUDY said...

You've just been tagged from my site - i'm letting you know because i don't know if you get emails or have me on your list.

JUDY :)

Holly Young said...

So nice! I love the color combo as well.

Veronica said...

these are beautiful and I am so glad you had a great time at convention. I love those sizzix die..woo hoo